"'What can be easily moved but can never be lifted?' Life."Tokoyami Towa

The Music Thread

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Not to get spicy, but I always loved the part where the black guy from Prodigy told off the Beastie Boys for being a bunch of bitches (they were, those little punks had an issue with the song Smack My Bitch Up assuming it was about beating a bitch, which even then would have been pretty based but its not and this just proved that the Beastie Boys were New York tards)

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm sure some of the people who have posted chiptune music in here have already heard this, but I can't not post Fearofdark in a music thread. A song from one of the best "true" chiptune albums ever made, and a personal favorite of mine.

Great song. Though my favorites will always be Virt(jake kaufman), Deathro, MelonadeM and scythe.

This is for pippa btw :SelenHAHAhere:

I wish I knew how to compose on famitracker.

Last edited:

Xuhle

Btw if anyone was wondering what the new lead singer for gloryhammer is like here two video to compare them.

Old lead singer

New lead singer

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Great song. Though my favorites will always be Virt(jake kaufman), Deathro, MelonadeM and scythe.

This is for pippa btw :SelenHAHAhere:

I wish I knew how to compose on famitracker.

Agreed on famitracker. I looked up some tutorials a few times, but I was never really able to get it figured out enough to use it effectively:depressedtako:

Virt is great too, he's practically transcended chiptune at this point with how respected he is as a game composer. I haven't listened to MelonadeM before though, I'll give them a listen next time I have the chance.

And since this is the music thread, here's some music:

Done in one perfect take, an incredibly well paced and balanced metal version of one of Beethoven's most difficult pieces of music. Most metal covers of things on youtube are terribly balanced, or the person transcribing it fucks up somewhere, or they aren't faithful to the original in some way. This is one of the very few covers on youtube which avoids those problems. Actual proof that Beethoven was a metalhead.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Btw if anyone was wondering what the new lead singer for gloryhammer is like here two video to compare them.

Old lead singer

New lead singer

Sozos is great but there's something special about Thomas's vocals for me. Maybe it's just because I've been listening since their first album, thanks to a buddy of mine introducing me via The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee. Many good times jamming out with Gloryhammer on, specifically playing Dust 514 a decade back.
Here's some of my faves:
I could honestly link their whole discography and say "here's the good shit".
You already linked Hootsforce (and Gloryhammer in a previous post) so here are the others.

I can't express just how fucking much I love the final chorus here. His voice is so fucking good.

Last edited:

Xuhle

Sozos is great but there's something special about Thomas's vocals for me. Maybe it's just because I've been listening since their first album, thanks to a buddy of mine introducing me via The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee. Many good times jamming out with Gloryhammer on, specifically playing Dust 514 a decade back.
Here's some of my faves:
I could honestly link their whole discography and say "here's the good shit".
You already linked Hootsforce (and Gloryhammer in a previous post) so here are the others.

I can't express just how fucking much I love the final chorus here. His voice is so fucking good.

To me Sozos has just a different tone to him that while still good and plays the same vibe. You can tell something is just off now from listening to a lot of the songs with Thomas.

Also almost all of those as soon as you linked them and i saw the album cover i knew which ones they were from cause they just were on repeat in spotify with the expectation of magic dragon. :polkasticks::polkasticks:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Also post your 3x3
topsters2.jpg

Last edited:

Helmet-kun

Apparently they got around to officially releasing most of the soundtrack for s.CRY.ed on youtube. If you liked the Code Geass soundtrack, it's the same guy! Except this OST is much better.

Just like s.CRY.ed itself is much better than Code Geass

:smugpipi:

Last edited:

Topo Chico

Drink Topo Chico!
Two tracks one kinda shoe gaze punk-y

the other's a bit different, it's a short track

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
I've been slowly but surely returning back to my spanish rock roots, mostly for the nostalgia feeling.

Topo Chico

Drink Topo Chico!
I've been slowly but surely returning back to my spanish rock roots, mostly for the nostalgia feeling.

These are a lot better than the trash they play in the gas station out here

Xuhle

Just a few tracks from new albums of power metal bands I recently discovered.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
What sucks more: Ado or YOASOBI.

Early Adopter

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Dipping into a little VGM here, for those unfamiliar with a little trippy and charming N64 puzzle game called Tetrisphere, the game's pretty notorious among those who've played it for its insanely sick soundtrack. Drum & Bass, Breakbeat, with a smattering of Industrial. It's like if you put The Prodigy and Aphex Twin in a blender and somehow got the N64 sound card to pull it off without a hitch. It's like nothing else on the system at the time, and definitely worth a listen with the volume cranked up.

Helmet-kun

I need to pump up my shitpost numbers, so here's a soundcloud mashup

Early Adopter

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
YT algorithm is a scary thing...
I was drinking last night and it started recommending and autoplaying Chente and Ramon Ayala, the kind of stuff that hits just right when you are drinking alone.

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
YouTube algorithm once again blessing me, been a while since I've heard Alestorm. Banger cover of a Runescape track, you love to see it

Top Bottom