"This is so lame! but so cool! but so lame and so cool!!!"Onolumi

The Music Thread

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
After posing the question of some good video game music a while back, I figure I make a thread about music in general. Video game OSTs, vtuber originals and non-vtuber songs, anything. I recommend you still use the other thread (Battle of the bands) for vtuber related covers, but of course nobody can really stop you from doing posting them here aside from jannies and Proctor.

Here are some stuff I recommend for anyone:
Dies Irae, from the game Deadbolt, by Chris Christodoulou. Very atmospheric in my opinion. I seriously recommend all of Chris's stuff, he makes some amazing stuff for Risk of Rain and Deadbolt most notably.

Zero, from the game Ace Combat Zero, by Keiki Kobayashi. Flamenco. That is all. Ace Combat has some great stuff across the entire series, recommend you check it out if you like what you hear.

The Best is Yet to Come, from Metal Gear Solid, by uhh... Aoife Ni Fhearraigh? This is probably one of my faves in gaming.

Pretty normie choice, but for good reason. Bury the Light, from Devil May Cry 5, by Casey Edwards, sung by Victor Borba. There is a good reason why it's gotten so popular.

Ludwig The Accursed/Holy Blade, from Bloodborne, by Nobuyoshi Suzuki. Bloodborne may not be my favorite FromSoft game, but goddamn does the music carry it up in ranks.

And for a not game choice, I got: Free Bird. This song has been with me all my life, and it will probably stay that way.

One thing you should keep in mind: I will listen to everything that gets recommended here. Don't think someone won't.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
forgot one more I really like: Ultrakill. Guts and Glory, with Guts being a slowed down version of Glory. Up there next to Altars of Apostasy and Order.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
One thing you should keep in mind: I will listen to everything that gets recommended here. Don't think someone won't.
I will try my best to make you regret saying this.

But first we'll start with a proper band.
Battlelore, a band focused on LoTR.

And we shall devolve from there.
iwrestledabearonce, not sure how to categorize this band.

Okilly Dokilly, a great Ned Flanders metal band.

Crotchduster, a parody band that makes fun of all the things, mostly metal tropes though.

Edit: perhaps later on I'll post more serious bands.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
DID SOMEONE SAY MUSIC?!? OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TASTES TO COME INTO QUESTION!
:nenedance:WELCOME TO MY OWN FUNKY HELL!!! :nenedance:

I have kept my spotify "liked" playlist under 100 songs for the better part of a decade, I could listen to any of these on rotation all day but they may not be everyone's (or anyone's) cup of tea.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I will try my best to make you regret saying this.

But first we'll start with a proper band.
Battlelore, a band focused on LoTR.

And we shall devolve from there.
iwrestledabearonce, not sure how to categorize this band.

Okilly Dokilly, a great Ned Flanders metal band.

Crotchduster, a parody band that makes fun of all the things, mostly metal tropes though.

Edit: perhaps later on I'll post more serious bands.

Foolishness! I listen to stuff Hakita (ULTRAKILL creator) recommends, I am used to seeing weird shit. It's not everyday you hear a hand percussion intermission in the middle of a death metal song. Also Battlelore sounds pretty neat.

Sometimes i put this one

Sounds like my cup o' tea. Might listen to some more.
DID SOMEONE SAY MUSIC?!? OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TASTES TO COME INTO QUESTION!
:nenedance:WELCOME TO MY OWN FUNKY HELL!!! :nenedance:

I have kept my spotify "liked" playlist under 100 songs for the better part of a decade, I could listen to any of these on rotation all day but they may not be everyone's (or anyone's) cup of tea.

No Lullaby and Shadow Monster are quite the bangers. Very good selection overall.

Another offering:

God I miss GTA San Andreas.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Foolishness! I listen to stuff Hakita (ULTRAKILL creator) recommends, I am used to seeing weird shit. It's not everyday you hear a hand percussion intermission in the middle of a death metal song. Also Battlelore sounds pretty neat.
That is wonderful to hear. Personally I mostly listen to various metal genres, but being able to show off the odder stuff I listen to is quite nice.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
That is wonderful to hear. Personally I mostly listen to various metal genres, but being able to show off the odder stuff I listen to is quite nice.
I really like the ones from Diablo Swing Metal and Storm Seeker. Might I ask for some more recommendations from them if you got any? I also remember Blind Guardian from about two or so months ago when Gavis Bettel talked about one of their songs that he really liked, Sacred Worlds that one was pretty good too. The acapella one was pretty fun to listen to as well, even if I'm not some huge Star Wars fan.

Also I found the song I mentioned earlier, this is something I don't think many will find to their tastes.

imperialtriumphantmeme.png

And on the other side of my tastes, we got Phantogram. Destiny players may remember this one from a trailer for The Witch Queen, ever since I heard it I've been in love with their stuff.

Another one from them, Futuristic Casket, is a personal favorite of mine.

Also, shoutout to @Schockwellenreiter for helping me remember Ratatat, this one in particular brings me back to vanilla Destiny 1 days.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Imperial Triumphant sounds like every local metal band I've ever heard of, but I do like the jazz piano.
As for more like Diablo Swing Orchestra and Storm Seeker, I haven't really found too many bands like either of them. Sadly DSO lost their original lead singer when her opera career started taking off, so their last 2 albums suffered from that in my opinion. As for any songs of theirs you should listen to? Anything off the first 3 albums (The Butcher's Ballroom, Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious, Pandora's Pinata) is good.

It's actually taken me a long time to find this band again, heard them back when this album released and then was never able to find it on the internet. It's a pirate metal band called Zakas.

And while I can't give you more like DSO or Storm Seeker, I can show you the single longest song (that isn't a live version) I know of, It's from a power metal band called Symphony X

And fuck it, I really like opera trained singers so have some Epica as well

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Imperial Triumphant sounds like every local metal band I've ever heard of, but I do like the jazz piano.
As for more like Diablo Swing Orchestra and Storm Seeker, I haven't really found too many bands like either of them. Sadly DSO lost their original lead singer when her opera career started taking off, so their last 2 albums suffered from that in my opinion. As for any songs of theirs you should listen to? Anything off the first 3 albums (The Butcher's Ballroom, Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious, Pandora's Pinata) is good.
Yeah, Death Metal isn't something I dip my toes into often. I mean hell, I stick to vidya gaem OSTs most of the time. It might be generic to someone like you who I'm pretty sure is well versed in his metal, but it sure as hell is out there to me.
Also I gotta thank you for the DSO recommendation. I've given all three of the albums a listen and they're really good.

Just gonna put some music with every post here, not necessarily a recommendation for any person I'm replying to unless I specify.

Piarro

Early Adopter

I've been listening to this album a lot recently, and this song's title always makes me think of Noel/Canan :smugpipi:

Arznbae

wtf is happening
Some easy listening

Might be showing my age here with the mc'd d&b/jungle

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
And some asshole:
Cannot believe someone finally linked me a soundcloud, even if it wasn't specifically targeted at me.
Anyway, I like what I see. Some names in there I haven't seen in a while. 30 Seconds to Mars? Damn that's a blast from the past.

Also I saw Journey, and I can't help but put this here:

This one always gets to me.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Screenshot_20230414_202054.jpg
My music taste from last year on Spotify.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
My music taste from last year

I listened to about 16,653 minutes of his stuff apparently, and this one song I listened to 472 times. I was also in the .3% of Metallica listeners I guess.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Music Thread huh. Welp time to post my favorite Love Live song.

Also somebody covered a fucking mashup of all things for April Fools and the cover is…shockingly good.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
I can't believe I actually forgot about this funny little band.

Also @Godzilla1984 I'm slightly offended (but not really) you would list all those metal bands under rock.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Top Bottom