"Watching and enjoying my content involves a level of self-harm"Dizzy Dokuro

The Music Thread

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
The Best is Yet to Come, from Metal Gear Solid, by uhh... Aoife Ni Fhearraigh? This is probably one of my faves in gaming.

Great choice, I think I want Starsailor to be played at my funeral. Pretty gay, I know but that song resonates with me more than almost any other. I actually heard it before playing MGS3 so hearing it after everything Jack went through really wiped me out.
As my music taste formed as a teenager I had a very troubled mind and a lot of songs that came to be mainstay favourites reflect that.

Anyway, here's something more fun that any accomplished pirate will be familiar with. (Not that kind of pirate, I'm not going to force Alestorm on you guys)

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I have two rather sad tracks from two of my favorite game series.
And Ever We Fight On is from Killzone 3, it's just the main menu theme.
Kind of feels like it's telling the story of the Helghast (they didn't do anything wrong) and their struggles. That, and the story behind the track itself is pretty sad. Apparently the guy wrote the piece after his mother passed. You can definitely hear that pain in there too. Or at least I can.

Another is the Epilogue music from Halo Reach. Reach might be my favorite game of all time, and while it does have many flaws there are parts of the story I just get hit hard by. So every time I hear that beginning piano, I just feel the feels. Then the eulogy part just gives you that sense of hope.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Another is the Epilogue music from Halo Reach. Reach might be my favorite game of all time, and while it does have many flaws there are parts of the story I just get hit hard by. So every time I hear that beginning piano, I just feel the feels. Then the eulogy part just gives you that sense of hope.
I think the theme from ODST stuck with me more personally; I'm a sucker for that three notes of saxophone

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
DID SOMEONE SAY MUSIC?!? OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TASTES TO COME INTO QUESTION!
:nenedance:WELCOME TO MY OWN FUNKY HELL!!! :nenedance:

I have kept my spotify "liked" playlist under 100 songs for the better part of a decade, I could listen to any of these on rotation all day but they may not be everyone's (or anyone's) cup of tea.

No Lullaby is fantastic, have you heard much of their other stuff? If you haven't I recommend Summer Nights.

These are two songs that are very different to my usual tastes but somehow ended up in my playlist and I really quite like them.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I think the theme from ODST stuck with me more personally; I'm a sucker for that three notes of saxophone

Oh yeah, ODST has the better overall soundtrack imo. Love playing it during a heavy storm.
It probably doesn't hit as hard for me as it does you though because I hadn't played ODST until almost a whole decade later. Plus I played it with a friend, which gets rid of the whole isolated feel of parts of the soundtrack, such as the one you posted.
I also like the start of this track.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
No Lullaby is fantastic, have you heard much of their other stuff? If you haven't I recommend Summer Nights.

These are two songs that are very different to my usual tastes but somehow ended up in my playlist and I really quite like them.

Summer nights is another banger yeah, I can relate to the song's subject matter so it hits pretty hard, been a fan of SIAMES for a few years now.

Song tax:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
A few video game related music songs, sorry for not being a normal person with an established list of non-game stuff

Arznbae

wtf is happening
People sleep on n64 soundtracks:

forgot to add my actual favorite

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
People sleep on n64 soundtracks:
Another Tetrisphere OST enjoyer!

Game is crazy fun imho, too bad they haven't carried it over to modern systems
E: you know what, add some faze too. Here's a decent mix of various N64 game tracks also:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Probably my two favorite N64 soundtracks.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Brain is overloaded. Music everywhere.

track
pizza tower unexpectancy

going to roblox myself song

Edit: songs of despair from Drakengard and Nier

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Apologies for the double post, but I feel as if I should recommend one of my all time favorites:
The Raindrop That Fell to the Sky.

I'm not quite sure what it is about this track that gets to me, but it just does.
Also if anyone is a fan of Prince or Purple Rain, this track is for you.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Not really a song recommendation but it's my morning alarm music and I love it.

You guys ever heard of the Glide? It's a fairly unique instrument, it's like a Theremin cross with a Wii

Any of you older fucks like me still listen to Veela vocal tracks?

Piarro

Early Adopter

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
From the best psp game, that was never released in the west.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Bocchi OST Vol.5 is finally out, and contains arguably the best song in the entire show (and its totally not my bias)

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter

I tried to submit this to Lisa's music review, and the google form told me that my submission was successful, but she never listened to it or even read out the description so I can only assume that the form fucked up somehow.

Looking back on it though, maybe it's for the best she didn't listen to this one...

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
New Ultrakill... Song?!

This is the first time anyone has ever done that in a ga-

Well. Health knows how to pick their games to star in. No I will not look at Cyberpunk, fuck you.

Top Bottom