"Daijoubu dengana"Ookami Mio

The Unofficial Asylum Trading Card Game

ioㅤ

Minecraft NPC Homeless One Year Running :(
New Cards
Common and Uncommon
Planetary-Bombardment.png
Suspicious-Tablet.png
  • @Planetary Bombardment your name works for a non creature spell and so is being purposed as one here. fireball like spell for the set
  • No prizes for guessing whats on the tablet.
Rares
Aquatic-Invertebrate.png
Panko Enjoyer False Italian .png
  • @Aquatic Novellite i tried to capture your transformation in a Shiori fag with the color of the slug but I am not sure if it fully came through. For the magic nerds I am pretty sure the second and third ability work together in such a way to make this kill 2/x's before damage is dealt but i would need to double check.
  • @Panko Enjoyer it's a bit dumb to tag a dead account but anyway this is one of the two cards in the set with ninjujtsu and serves as a reiable way to make food tokens
Mythics
Jambalaya.pngMrSpanner Skulking Horror.png
Kirsche.png
Shiori-Frazzled-Archiver.png
  • @Jambalaya First of all welcome back. the card is a mini Cruel Ultimatum on hit while still using ninjutsu works well with small evasive creatures. i may buff it to have liflink to really make it a mini Cruel Ultimatum but that might push it a bit far
  • @kestraline hello degen, now you can forever be immortailized in your slimey ways in carboard form.
  • Not just choosen in order to stay in the good books of proctor kirsche joins as the red plansewalker for the set. she is also the clearest example fo the small out of frame art that i can do for specific cards. kirsche is an agressive planslewalker that plays well in agressive decks but dosen't protect herself well.
  • Shiori will be acting as the blue plansewalker of the set as arching has become a large part of blues idenity in this set and i was having troubles thinking of someone else to put in the slot. Shes going to be hard to balance as all delve cards are but due to the fairly low amount of support in the set it should be fine. the emblem lets you play any card in exile not just your own.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
A common / "boring" card that is nonetheless utilitarian? You have captured my essence quite expertly; thank you.

ioㅤ

A common / "boring" card that is nonetheless utilitarian? You have captured my essence quite expertly; thank you.
Uncommon and often these effects end up being some of the best in limited formats.
think it might be worth putting Kirsche's full name (Verstahl) on the card or giving her a title similar to "frazzled archiver" AESTHETICS
Something to the sort will happen before I finish but at the moment names are pretty low on the priority chain.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Uncommon and often these effects end up being some of the best in limited formats.
think it might be worth putting Kirsche's full name (Verstahl) on the card or giving her a title similar to "frazzled archiver" AESTHETICS

Ensok

Early Adopter
I appreciate the effort you've put into this, and the art is really cool too.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Rares
Aquatic-Invertebrate.png
  • @Aquatic Novellite i tried to capture your transformation in a Shiori fag with the color of the slug but I am not sure if it fully came through. For the magic nerds I am pretty sure the second and third ability work together in such a way to make this kill 2/x's before damage is dealt but i would need to double check.
If you have a way to discard on demand whenever you could play an instant, then yes.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
New Cards
Common and Uncommon
Planetary-Bombardment.png
Suspicious-Tablet.png
  • @Planetary Bombardment your name works for a non creature spell and so is being purposed as one here. fireball like spell for the set
  • No prizes for guessing whats on the tablet.
  • @Panko Enjoyer it's a bit dumb to tag a dead account but anyway this is one of the two cards in the set with ninjujtsu and serves as a reiable way to make food tokens
  • @Jambalaya First of all welcome back. the card is a mini Cruel Ultimatum on hit while still using ninjutsu works well with small evasive creatures. i may buff it to have liflink to really make it a mini Cruel Ultimatum but that might push it a bit far
  • @kestraline hello degen, now you can forever be immortailized in your slimey ways in carboard form.
  • Not just choosen in order to stay in the good books of proctor kirsche joins as the red plansewalker for the set. she is also the clearest example fo the small out of frame art that i can do for specific cards. kirsche is an agressive planslewalker that plays well in agressive decks but dosen't protect herself well.
  • Shiori will be acting as the blue plansewalker of the set as arching has become a large part of blues idenity in this set and i was having troubles thinking of someone else to put in the slot. Shes going to be hard to balance as all delve cards are but due to the fairly low amount of support in the set it should be fine. the emblem lets you play any card in exile not just your own.
I may have abandoned this project because i know nothing about magic but you have taken it quite far and seem very good at it, godspeed my friend.

ioㅤ

Its that time of the month again with the hopefully penultimate update.
With this update all of the rares and all of the uncommons are finished. The final mythic is just awaiting art and i still need to do like 60 commons. Big thanks to @somethingfarworseinthehorizon who did some of the art which I will post at the bottom.
Shuba-Saber.png
Seth.png
Lurker-Rrat-Uprising.png
Restless-Rain.png
Spergatory.png
Sithis-Dread-Father.png
Aka-Split-Foot-Purveyor.png
Dawifet.png

The-Rise-of-Niji-EN.png
Green-Kitbash.png
Honorable-King-Of-Rrats.png
  • @Shuba Saber. a small aggressive creature that doubles as board wipe protection in the mid to late game.Art provided by emm
  • @Seth. Another aggressive creature that makes attacking with other smaller creatures safer.
  • lurker rrat uprising. Rare model spell payoff for both lurker and rrat decks. Main mode is obviously the counter spell and balanced around it being the floor.
  • @RestlessRain. payoff for a mostly mono blue deck that lets it keep its hand topped up continuously.
  • @Spergatory. Black demon for the set that has a Drawback cost for a great effect, obviously choosing life lose on attack gives you more and more tokens at the cost of greater loses of life. Art Provided by Emm
  • @Sithis. has a drawback that is not instantly noticeable you do have to destroy a creature of the chosen choice so if your at the only person that controls a creature of that type you have to blow it up.
  • @Aka Split. The cheap recursive red threat for the set. Likely the only card with escape and works both on its own and as a part of the meds deck. Art provided by Emm
  • @Dawifet. Aggressive red beater taking the spot of the typical aggressive dragon found in a normal set like glory bringer and so on. heavily benefits an aggressive style where you clear your hand out as fast as possible.
  • The Rise of Niji EN // The Fall of Niji EN. Was almost super topical in timing but alas. Begins with aggressive scouting and subsequent deployment of creatures on the rise side then becomes overworking, suspensions and then the breakdown of the branch, speculative atm.
  • @Green Kitbash. Undercosted green beater that's a nightmare to deal with in combat due to each mold token acting like a +2/+2 boost.
  • Honorable King of Rrats. Rrat lord at rare that quickly becomes overwhelming in a dedicated rrat deck
Lunar-Orb.png
Electronic-Elephant.png
Gods-Strongest-Mozumite.png
The-Peanut-Gallery.png
Superduper-Samauri.png
Asylum-mascot.png
Asylum-Advent-Calendar.png
Warspite-Mound-Peddler.png
Watamate.png
Naganon-Hexa-Fanatic.png
Todds-Mistake.png
Azehara-Eternal-Vtweeter.png
Bombarded-Homeland.png
  • Lunar Orb. I like stax pieces and wanted to have at least one. punishes both colorless/low color count decks and decks that don't commit to the board less than colour intensive decks.
  • @electronic elephant. not sure if ill have the keywords to support this but its a somewhat undercosted beater with potential upside for self mill.
  • @God's Strongest Freebird. Redesign of the old version so it fits into the three color cycle. The card effect is similar to drain power from alpha which slurps up mana from the opponent
  • @The Peanut Gallery. Each effect leads into and builds up the other effect making this a powerhouse in gaining board advantage
  • @Superduper Samurai. Instant and sorcery payoff. a large amount of instants and sorcery in the graveyard makes combat with this really hard which makes the ability on more likely to proc.
  • Asylum Mascot. Second five color payoff. Probably stronger than Proctor's card but that's fine.
  • Asylum Advent Calendar. This was supposed to be with the last update but the image was too big. It was slightly topical when i made it okay.
  • @Warspite . Mound is a euphemism for breasts. You post a lot of breasts. Anyway its an aggressive payoff for red white decks that can fill the graveyard.
  • @Watamate. Aggressive payoff that is at its best on turn 3 if you can swing with two other creatures and can make 6 power on turn 3.
  • @naganon. Name might need to be changed to @randomtranny fanatic at the rate you're going. The card is a payoff for go wide mold decks and can make a large block of stats in just a few turns.
  • @Todd's Mistake. It's supposed to be boast counters... Anyway its a risky card that can have a massive payoff if you can protect it.
  • @Azehara. Why do no full images of your full model exist. You've been a vtweeter so long. Anyway pay off for blue red cycling decks.
  • Bombared Homeland // The Virtual Asylum.A depiction of how tva came to be. should be able to be pulled off in two color decks and is definitely doable in 3+ color decks.
These are updated from any versions you may have seen before
Aka split and jam.png
@Aka Split and @God's Strongest Dragoon you might be interested.
myself.png
shuba saber.png
@Shuba Saber
spergatory.png
@Spergatory
uncommons-mono.jpg

I'm going to step over the more generic cards just to save time.
  • @Saturnus expensive uncommon payoff for the cycling deck.
  • @Thomas Talus. cheap card selection and minor payoff for the instant and sorcery based decks.
  • @Abomination. A great source of mold for the green black decks.
  • @Clown Penis. Recursive threat for the mold decks. Lifelink helps offset below average stats
  • @DrStupid. It does a mini deadpool on etb.
  • @Cptn Snshn. It's like a stuffy doll brash taunter type of deal. Does have the downside of being card disadvantage if the opponent plays an 3/5 or up.
  • @100% not Hakka. Hello spic, This card wishes to rack its counters up to go from a mediocre creature to an above average creature to a sublime creature depeninf on the number of counters on it.
uncommons-multi.jpg

• Medallions. color fixing and ramp for the set, they are a side grade to signets from Ravnica.
  • @GIGACHUD aggressive racist beat down with minor benefits for killing things.
  • @Hotdogs Aplenty. red white top end, because of first strike can give two counters per combat.
  • @httn. Mini slightly nerfed mother of runes type effect.
  • @Scuddle. The card text is literally lifted from another card but the joke is funny for those that understand so it stays as is.
  • @Ensok. Scaling mana dork that works with proliferate
  • @Negzana. Continuous source of temporary meds for the meds deck.
  • @Titanosaurus Big dumb beater for the mold decks that aims to close out the game.
I may have abandoned this project because i know nothing about magic but you have taken it quite far and seem very good at it, godspeed my friend.
You have already helped in ways you probably don't realize. I used your member tier list as a make ship guide for a little while. Also if you ever do want to help again with any of the cards just suggest an epithet to any of the cards without one it will likely be added, same deal with flavor text on the less wordy cards.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Nice work. I really like the art that Emm did for some of these too.
:shubaIapprob:

Ensok

Early Adopter
Cool stuff, happy to be a card now too.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Its that time of the month again with the hopefully penultimate update.
With this update all of the rares and all of the uncommons are finished. The final mythic is just awaiting art and i still need to do like 60 commons. Big thanks to @somethingfarworseinthehorizon who did some of the art which I will post at the bottom.
Shuba-Saber.png
Seth.png
Lurker-Rrat-Uprising.png
Restless-Rain.png
Spergatory.png
Sithis-Dread-Father.png
Aka-Split-Foot-Purveyor.png
Dawifet.png

The-Rise-of-Niji-EN.png
Green-Kitbash.png
Honorable-King-Of-Rrats.png
  • @Shuba Saber. a small aggressive creature that doubles as board wipe protection in the mid to late game.Art provided by emm
  • @Seth. Another aggressive creature that makes attacking with other smaller creatures safer.
  • lurker rrat uprising. Rare model spell payoff for both lurker and rrat decks. Main mode is obviously the counter spell and balanced around it being the floor.
  • @RestlessRain. payoff for a mostly mono blue deck that lets it keep its hand topped up continuously.
  • @Spergatory. Black demon for the set that has a Drawback cost for a great effect, obviously choosing life lose on attack gives you more and more tokens at the cost of greater loses of life. Art Provided by Emm
  • @Sithis. has a drawback that is not instantly noticeable you do have to destroy a creature of the chosen choice so if your at the only person that controls a creature of that type you have to blow it up.
  • @Aka Split. The cheap recursive red threat for the set. Likely the only card with escape and works both on its own and as a part of the meds deck. Art provided by Emm
  • @Dawifet. Aggressive red beater taking the spot of the typical aggressive dragon found in a normal set like glory bringer and so on. heavily benefits an aggressive style where you clear your hand out as fast as possible.
  • The Rise of Niji EN // The Fall of Niji EN. Was almost super topical in timing but alas. Begins with aggressive scouting and subsequent deployment of creatures on the rise side then becomes overworking, suspensions and then the breakdown of the branch, speculative atm.
  • @Green Kitbash. Undercosted green beater that's a nightmare to deal with in combat due to each mold token acting like a +2/+2 boost.
  • Honorable King of Rrats. Rrat lord at rare that quickly becomes overwhelming in a dedicated rrat deck
Lunar-Orb.png
Electronic-Elephant.png
Gods-Strongest-Mozumite.png
The-Peanut-Gallery.png
Superduper-Samauri.png
Asylum-mascot.png
Asylum-Advent-Calendar.png
Warspite-Mound-Peddler.png
Watamate.png
Naganon-Hexa-Fanatic.png
Todds-Mistake.png
Azehara-Eternal-Vtweeter.png
Bombarded-Homeland.png
  • Lunar Orb. I like stax pieces and wanted to have at least one. punishes both colorless/low color count decks and decks that don't commit to the board less than colour intensive decks.
  • @electronic elephant. not sure if ill have the keywords to support this but its a somewhat undercosted beater with potential upside for self mill.
  • @God's Strongest Freebird. Redesign of the old version so it fits into the three color cycle. The card effect is similar to drain power from alpha which slurps up mana from the opponent
  • @The Peanut Gallery. Each effect leads into and builds up the other effect making this a powerhouse in gaining board advantage
  • @Superduper Samurai. Instant and sorcery payoff. a large amount of instants and sorcery in the graveyard makes combat with this really hard which makes the ability on more likely to proc.
  • Asylum Mascot. Second five color payoff. Probably stronger than Proctor's card but that's fine.
  • Asylum Advent Calendar. This was supposed to be with the last update but the image was too big. It was slightly topical when i made it okay.
  • @Warspite . Mound is a euphemism for breasts. You post a lot of breasts. Anyway its an aggressive payoff for red white decks that can fill the graveyard.
  • @Watamate. Aggressive payoff that is at its best on turn 3 if you can swing with two other creatures and can make 6 power on turn 3.
  • @naganon. Name might need to be changed to @randomtranny fanatic at the rate you're going. The card is a payoff for go wide mold decks and can make a large block of stats in just a few turns.
  • @Todd's Mistake. It's supposed to be boast counters... Anyway its a risky card that can have a massive payoff if you can protect it.
  • @Azehara. Why do no full images of your full model exist. You've been a vtweeter so long. Anyway pay off for blue red cycling decks.
  • Bombared Homeland // The Virtual Asylum.A depiction of how tva came to be. should be able to be pulled off in two color decks and is definitely doable in 3+ color decks.
These are updated from any versions you may have seen before
View attachment 64974
@Aka Split and @God's Strongest Dragoon you might be interested.
View attachment 64975
View attachment 64976
@Shuba Saber
View attachment 64977
@Spergatory
uncommons-mono.jpg

I'm going to step over the more generic cards just to save time.
  • @Saturnus expensive uncommon payoff for the cycling deck.
  • @Thomas Talus. cheap card selection and minor payoff for the instant and sorcery based decks.
  • @Abomination. A great source of mold for the green black decks.
  • @Clown Penis. Recursive threat for the mold decks. Lifelink helps offset below average stats
  • @DrStupid. It does a mini deadpool on etb.
  • @Cptn Snshn. It's like a stuffy doll brash taunter type of deal. Does have the downside of being card disadvantage if the opponent plays an 3/5 or up.
  • @100% not Hakka. Hello spic, This card wishes to rack its counters up to go from a mediocre creature to an above average creature to a sublime creature depeninf on the number of counters on it.
uncommons-multi.jpg

• Medallions. color fixing and ramp for the set, they are a side grade to signets from Ravnica.
  • @GIGACHUD aggressive racist beat down with minor benefits for killing things.
  • @Hotdogs Aplenty. red white top end, because of first strike can give two counters per combat.
  • @httn. Mini slightly nerfed mother of runes type effect.
  • @Scuddle. The card text is literally lifted from another card but the joke is funny for those that understand so it stays as is.
  • @Ensok. Scaling mana dork that works with proliferate
  • @Negzana. Continuous source of temporary meds for the meds deck.
  • @Titanosaurus Big dumb beater for the mold decks that aims to close out the game.
You have already helped in ways you probably don't realize. I used your member tier list as a make ship guide for a little while. Also if you ever do want to help again with any of the cards just suggest an epithet to any of the cards without one it will likely be added, same deal with flavor text on the less wordy cards.
Amazing, also great art @somethingfarworseinthehorizon

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

ioㅤ

The Final* Update And Announcement of The First Asylum Tournament
Well its been way to fucking long and large amounts of autistic detailing i have done but its here and Complete*
So without further ado I will present all the new cards, share a link to the full set and reveal some details about the tournament.

The Cards time forgot:
Hmm.pngStunned.png
Altar to the Mold Queen.png
  • Hmm: so this cards the reason for all the asterisks and why this isn't 100% complete, the design is done and the art is on its way but unfortunately it's still a little while away and is out of my hands. As for the card its the cheapest by mana value planeswalker and so does the worst to protect itself while also providing the most specific support mostly benefiting the mold based decks
  • @Stunned But Dumb: this was done by the last set update i just missed it because it doesn't show up as multicolored in mse. Anyway the card uses the Part one separator word part two slit card naming formula and acts as a way to control how combat plays out.
  • Altar to the mold queen: this card downshifts the janny broom to common. A powerful alternative use for mostly mold tokens.
The Common Chaff
Green.jpg
blue.jpg
black.jpg
red.jpg
white.jpg
multicolored.jpg
lands-and-colourless.jpg
tokens.jpg
Full set gallery and Mse file:https://gofile.io/d/Di14Pd

And now the Announcement Of the first and probably only Asylum MTG Tournament.
Some time Between the 2nd and 12th of May I will host a tournament using this set. With a Grand prize of a commission form our very own @somethingfarworseinthehorizon Terms and conditions apply.

Format will be 60 card constructed.
If you are interested either dm me or reply in this thread and I will add you to the organizational chat.
Currently I have gathered up a total of 6 Nerds that have expressed interest in participating.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
The Groomcord Leaks seems to be missing the word "get" in the second sentence.

I really like the art choices for Unfavorable Outcome and Fade to Irrelevance. That's some funny stuff.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Looking through all the cards, there are some cards that refernce themselves in the rules text, but have the wrong name for the card in the text.

Nolan's card has "Ward - Draw a card". This would mean when the opponent targets him, they would draw a card to resolve the spell or ability targetting him. I don't know if this was intentional as a joke or whether the owner is supposed to draw a card. If it is the latter, it would need to be reworded.

Also, technically all the multicolor cards should be gold. Cards are only split color when they have manacosts that contain split color mana symbols in their mana cost.

ioㅤ

The Groomcord Leaks seems to be missing the word "get" in the second sentence.

I really like the art choices for Unfavorable Outcome and Fade to Irrelevance. That's some funny stuff.
You are correct I'll have that fixed by the time I get the final art.
Thanks i was really struggling for awhile for what to put there as i knew genning something fitting was going to be neigh impossible. I am glad with how Fade to Irrelevance turned out.
Looking through all the cards, there are some cards that refernce themselves in the rules text, but have the wrong name for the card in the text.

Nolan's card has "Ward - Draw a card". This would mean when the opponent targets him, they would draw a card to resolve the spell or ability targetting him. I don't know if this was intentional as a joke or whether the owner is supposed to draw a card. If it is the latter, it would need to be reworded.

Also, technically all the multicolor cards should be gold. Cards are only split color when they have manacosts that contain split color mana symbols in their mana cost.
For the cards that miss reference themselves do they have completely different card names in them or is it just a shortened version. If its the former then yeah its a mistake but the latter does occur normally in actual design typically when the cards text is getting lengthy. eg: https://scryfall.com/card/otj/12/fortune-loyal-steed uses fortune the second time it is mentioned.
Nolans ward cost is intentional and mostly there as a joke about how provoking him often bore fruit.
Aw fuck I knew I would make a some glaring mistake somewhere I'll fix it at some point.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Aura of Tummy Hort: should be "When" instead of "Then", and I think for the last sentence it should be "during its controller's untap step" rather than "your untap step," because the latter does nothing if it's on an enemy creature.

Stunned But Dumb

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I'm just flattered to be here, honestly
Your username works perfectly for one of those weird split cards. (We didn't have those back when I played Magic, but I'm old.)

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
For the cards that miss reference themselves do they have completely different card names in them or is it just a shortened version
They were totally different card names. It was only two, but I don't remember which they were.

Edit: Here they are:
Watamate.png
Giant Rrat.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom