"RUST reminds me that Pondelion, the mascot of Mister Donut, also eats himself and live. He calls it the ultimate self-sufficiency, eating himself to live; The source of the nutrients that keep him alive is a mystery"Pako

The Anime Thread

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Youtube recommended me a clip of Frieren, I decided to watch it without rolling my eyes at 130 mph.

In it, a demonette girl is facing off against the elf mage, exchanging chuunibyo cringe dialogue. They measure their powerlevel using a literal scale. As the demonette approaches our sylvan protagonist, the scale begins to tip in favor of her, and upon realizing this, she reveals in fact that she is not hundreds of years old, but thousands. Then she orders the demonette to khs, which she does with a sword, and walks off camera.

This shit is what you fellas can't shut up about? This is the state of anime? I fucking despise myself for having watched that and it was only over 2 minutes.
then dont watch clips without context retard.:dokiSmug:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Frieren and Apothecary Diaries have ended, definitely happy with how both turned out. The latter has season 2 announced. Not a bad season at all, worth watching less vtubers for it. And I'm surprised Solo Leveling wasn't as bad as I feared.

Next season tho.. starts in a week. Spice and Wolf and Bartender remakes, nervous but hopeful for both. And Kyoani is back with Hibike Euphonium. And a bunch of season 2 and 3s.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
New PV for Monogatari Series: Off & Monster Season

GJav-EHabk-AAr3oe.jpg

God I'm so hyped for this show. Such a good feeling to have your favorite anime return with a new season after so long :koronehappyl:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Frieren and Apothecary Diaries have ended, definitely happy with how both turned out. The latter has season 2 announced. Not a bad season at all, worth watching less vtubers for it. And I'm surprised Solo Leveling wasn't as bad as I feared.

Next season tho.. starts in a week. Spice and Wolf and Bartender remakes, nervous but hopeful for both. And Kyoani is back with Hibike Euphonium. And a bunch of season 2 and 3s.

i dread spice and wolfs reboot. theres so many issues with redoing it from scratch mostly in relation to how high quality it already was so for the first season your mostly retreading ground.

I do not like the new voices. I also do not like the BETTER animation.

They really should have just continued where season 2 left off or even done the sequel series about map making which people seem to mostly not know about (to be fair its lacking alot of charm of the original)

Koronesuki

X-Potato
The one good thing about the new Spice and Wolf anime is that after it's finished we may get that sequel.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Don't care if this doesn't count as an anime but I'm so fucking hyped for this shit. No other show in recent years electrify me more than this one.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

I haven't seen the original Space and Wolf anime nor read the light novel but from the screenshots and clips that I have seen before the original anime still upholds really well.
How was the og anime adaption in comparison to the light novel? Should I watch the anime or read the light novel?

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I haven't seen the original Space and Wolf anime nor read the light novel but from the screenshots and clips that I have seen before the original anime still upholds really well.
How was the og anime adaption in comparison to the light novel? Should I watch the anime or read the light novel?
The LN is a classic. The anime is great but if you read LNs anyways you may as well start with that honestly. I somehow doubt the upcoming adaptation will ever get to the end of the story so if you want closure you're probably going to end up reading it anyways.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Youtube recommended me a clip of Frieren, I decided to watch it without rolling my eyes at 130 mph.

In it, a demonette girl is facing off against the elf mage, exchanging chuunibyo cringe dialogue. They measure their powerlevel using a literal scale. As the demonette approaches our sylvan protagonist, the scale begins to tip in favor of her, and upon realizing this, she reveals in fact that she is not hundreds of years old, but thousands. Then she orders the demonette to khs, which she does with a sword, and walks off camera.

This shit is what you fellas can't shut up about? This is the state of anime? I fucking despise myself for having watched that and it was only over 2 minutes.
Frieren's only motivation in life besides finding spells is total demon death
Its kino

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
if you hate LN's like i do (something about the formatting i bounce right off but im fine with physical books) then watch season 1 of the anime then consider switching to the LN the second season arc is not bad persay but i know they axed alot of the story and you can kinda feel it.

or just watch season 2 anyway it's not bad at all and honestly shortens an arc that drags a little too long for my tastes.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I think frieren gets praised for just not being absolute trash. It does have some admittedly emotional moments but most of it is just fluff, I can't really get super invested in the deaths and lives of characters I didn't even know. Having the preamble be so short did it a disservice imo, all of it would've hit much harder if we had more than goofy flashbacks to go on, the demon stuff I don't give a shit about, OP protag wins big whoop.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I was going to ask you weebs if Frieren was worth the watch since i keep hearing about it. But just reading the last few posts gave me the general answer i would get. Probably gonna start it during the weekend.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
I think frieren gets praised for just not being absolute trash. It does have some admittedly emotional moments but most of it is just fluff, I can't really get super invested in the deaths and lives of characters I didn't even know. Having the preamble be so short did it a disservice imo, all of it would've hit much harder if we had more than goofy flashbacks to go on, the demon stuff I don't give a shit about, OP protag wins big whoop.
It is a slice of life and world-building series, so yes, it is mostly fluff. That is the point. The fights are not the highlight of the series. In the manga they are usually a couple panels or skipped over entirely. The series is about the characters interactions with the inhabitants of the world and the flashbacks are a gateway to learn about hero party and their affect on changing Frieren's worldview.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It is a slice of life and world-building series, so yes, it is mostly fluff. That is the point. The fights are not the highlight of the series. In the manga they are usually a couple panels or skipped over entirely. The series is about the characters interactions with the inhabitants of the world and the flashbacks are a gateway to learn about hero party and their affect on changing Frieren's worldview.
Not for me then, I hate slice of life.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I was going to ask you weebs if Frieren was worth the watch since i keep hearing about it. But just reading the last few posts gave me the general answer i would get. Probably gonna start it during the weekend.
its fucking worth

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's not SoL in the Lucky Star "show about nothing" sense.
I didn't HATE it, just don't get the hype.
In terms of plot and genre, FMA:B is my favorite anime, so make of that what you will.

My priorities for animation are:
1. Plot/themes
2. Characters/worldbuilding
3. Animation/sound

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
In terms of plot and genre, FMA:B is my favorite anime, so make of that what you will.

1. Plot/themes
3. Animation/sound
IMO, Freiren hits some aspect of all of those priorities hard.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

1. Plot/themes
3. Animation/sound
Frieren is really heavy on the themes.The limited time we have with others with our wants needs interests and obligations taking up that time.

Demons are a pure time sink a representation of things that seem to seek you out and get in your way of the things you actually want to do.Theres the people you lose touch with (heroes party) the connections Lost (himmel) and the connections that can be maintained (the priest and the dwarf whos names escape me at the moment who's bonds are carried forward by their succsessors Fern and Stark) Fleeting connections with the towns and people recurring connections when those fleeting connections show up again unexpectedly as well as hobbies and interests (Frieren's obsession over obscure spells and sleeping in ).

which is why i suspect it's fanbase is so rabbid for the people who like it it hits really damn hard.

It happened before with Megalobox Wonder Egg Priority (till it shit the bed) Ancient Magus Bride Land of the Lusterous & Space Dandy among others.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Megalobox
I could never understand the appeal of  Megalobox. I mean, a boxing anime? Sure, I get that. Boxing with robot arms? I'm afraid you've lost me.

I did like the art style. The character designs are like a love letter to Cowboy Bebop and other shows from the late 1990s.

Top Bottom