"to you, love yourself, take care of yourself, take care of each other I love you. Bye Honey"Nina Kosaka

The Anime Thread

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
One of the new shows is called Train to the End of the World, just saw the first episode with zero expectations and was a lil surprised. I have no clue what is going on, something about 7G being turned on and fucking up the world.. kinda like a zombie movie but all the adults turn into peaceful(?) animals instead of mindless monsters. All the cities and villages are cut off from each other and all the children know they will turn into animals when they reach a certain age.. And some country kids go on a journey in a railcar to find their missing friend who was at the center of the "incident". No clue if it's gonna be good but at least the first episode is unique, not another isekai or magic academy retread.

Plot Summary: In a town in a not-so-ordinary countryside, there is a big and strange occurrence happening to its residents. But a young girl named Shizuru Chikura has a strong desire to see her lost friend again. Shizuru and three other girls board an abandoned train, and they set out to the outside world, where survival is not certain. They'll discover what awaits them at the last stop of the "Doomsday Train."

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
kinda like a zombie movie but all the adults turn into peaceful(?) animals instead of mindless monsters. All the cities and villages are cut off from each other and all the children know they will turn into animals when they reach a certain age..
I got the impression that that is what happened in their village, but not necessarily in other villages.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
One of the new shows is called Train to the End of the World, just saw the first episode with zero expectations and was a lil surprised. I have no clue what is going on, something about 7G being turned on and fucking up the world.. kinda like a zombie movie but all the adults turn into peaceful(?) animals instead of mindless monsters. All the cities and villages are cut off from each other and all the children know they will turn into animals when they reach a certain age.. And some country kids go on a journey in a railcar to find their missing friend who was at the center of the "incident". No clue if it's gonna be good but at least the first episode is unique, not another isekai or magic academy retread.

I sometimes wonder if it was okay to nuke the nips. I don't really like these mindfuck animes which are strange for the sake of it.

Renmai

Early Adopter
I got the impression that that is what happened in their village, but not necessarily in other villages.
There was something about other people turning into trees and a hint at maybe something darker when the convoy came though.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I have been listening to this song for a while now without ever really thinking about what anime it was from

Man do i feel stupid for not watching it sooner. If you havent watched 86 before please do. This shit made me tear up the whole series. Its a fricking masterpiece.

For those who did watch it, do you have any similar anime recommendation?

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
There was new YuruCamp today.

It was a good day.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Architect bros you are being summoned. :architect:

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

BIG FUCKING NEWS

IKZ

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I have been listening to this song for a while now without ever really thinking about what anime it was from

Man do i feel stupid for not watching it sooner. If you havent watched 86 before please do. This shit made me tear up the whole series. Its a fricking masterpiece.

For those who did watch it, do you have any similar anime recommendation?

Its a very fun watch.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Renmai

Early Adopter
Send help.. diabetes :kroheart:

holo-ears.gif

Anyhow, good season so far. Spice and Wolf remake is worthy of the original anime imo.

Bartender is not as.. theatrical as the OG show. Feels like a standard anime where the bartender guy is a regular guy instead of being.. mysterious and a little ethereal. But the tradeoff is we learn a lot more about him.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! - goofy premise, surprise hit. Might be my favorite new anime of the season.

Jellyfish Can't Swim In The Night - cute anime girls trying to do the idol/artist thing. The studio is Doga Kobo so the animation is quality. There is supposed to be a "strongest" vtuber character joining soon

YATAGARASU: The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master - JP fantasy + palace intrigue and politics on a grand scale. For those who liked 12 Kingdoms and the palace stuff of The Apothecary Diaries

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Bartender is not as.. theatrical as the OG show. Feels like a standard anime where the bartender guy is a regular guy instead of being.. mysterious and a little ethereal. But the tradeoff is we learn a lot more about him.

OP and ED also aren't as good as the OG's

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
The medicine peddler is back:

(movie coming out in late July)

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
New Monogatari trailer dropped!
Undead by Yoasobi sounds like a banger as well (obviously). I can't wait to see this show, man. July 6th can't come soon enough.

They put together a series recap video as well it seems.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
So, that Baki x Kengan Ashura anime crossover that has been in talks for some time is actually happening.

Not sure if it will be good or not but seeing the Kengan characters being animated in the Baki anime style already sold me on this. Kengan Omega is fucking garbage tho.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
So when are we getting a crossover between Kengan Ashura and How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?

Kalion

:)
Speaking of Kengan Asura:

The illustrator of the manga was not happy with the official English translation he was presented, preferring the "illegally uploaded" fan translation.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Speaking of Kengan Asura:

The illustrator of the manga was not happy with the official English translation he was presented, preferring the "illegally uploaded" fan translation.

Daromeon was referring to the time when Comikey began “officially” translating Kengan Ashura/Omega for the west a few years ago. The sample they showed to him was so bad that he ended up recommending Comikey to contact the scanlator group, HnG (Hokuto no Gun), to work on the translations.
darocomikey.jpg

And HnG's statement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom