"Why would you be offended that cannibals refuse to eat black people? Wouldn't that be a good kind of racism? hoHOhoHO! - Do we need more racial diversity in the cannibalism victim community?! hoHOhoHO!!"Kirschey

vReverie Implosion Watch - Cheri Lupina and Erika Byakko graduation announced, other talents suddenly on PL accounts

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter
At this rate only person that will be at VReverie at the end is Nova.

It's really a pity. Most small corpos would kill to have a talent at the level of Nova. She's managed to get over 60K subs with VReverie as a millstone around her neck. Imagine how much subs she'd have by now if she had the support of a corpo that wasn't so intent on making every single bad decision it could and trying to speedrun making everyone hate it.
I'd love to hear Nova's story of this whole debacle. Publicly she's doing all the "right" things; being kind to the girls that left, but also being supportive of the new Gen coming in. (Not to imply she's being two-faced though) And I don't think Ophelia would set up a congratulatory tweet if there was a fallout between Nova and the other girls. (if there was anything to that rrat) I feel like Nova is the proverbial fly on the wall, but she's professional enough to not add fuel to the fire.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'd love to hear Nova's story of this whole debacle. Publicly she's doing all the "right" things; being kind to the girls that left, but also being supportive of the new Gen coming in. (Not to imply she's being two-faced though) And I don't think Ophelia would set up a congratulatory tweet if there was a fallout between Nova and the other girls. (if there was anything to that rrat) I feel like Nova is the proverbial fly on the wall, but she's professional enough to not add fuel to the fire.
I was curious about something so I happened to check Nova's debut video, and it included this snippet.
1712670979887.png
I wonder how their relationship is going right now with all the shit that went down. Hopefully not too strained.

Bronze

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I am going to physically reach through my screen and strangle some of these vagueposting women.

I have a lot of sympathy in some ways, but very little in others. Just spill the beans or shut up.

Xuhle

I am going to physically reach through my screen and strangle some of these vagueposting women.

I have a lot of sympathy in some ways, but very little in others. Just spill the beans or shut up.
Got a lot of women there Proctor, you might be needing to get put on a list for just how many of them vaguepost.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Proctor sounds like a one big neck kinda guy so he can strangle all the vaugeposters all at once.

Edit:Well said bossman

Last edited:

Xuhle

Btw cause I lurk in both of vReverie discords, which are official discords, they have not made a discord or have not advertised it for there gen 3 it seems like.

Usually you would think nothing of it for fan discords being slow on the uptick, phase jp fancords for example there still no yuu or muscle snake yet.

But going off what they did for gen 2 at the time they already had the discord up and organized for the 4 girls at the time. Which is why I'm point out that they don't have one for gen 3.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Proctor sounds like a one big neck kinda guy so he can strangle all the vaugeposters all at once.

Let me vent a minute.

I hate the vtuber industry right now. I do not use the term hate lightly. When I said hate, I mean hate. The kind of hate you only develop after looking at something you dislike for quite a long time, then digging into it to uncover and identify exactly which parts of it you hate in particular.

In this case, I hate that there is so much bullshit surrounding things like corporate culture, industry standards, the viability of call-outs, and the incestuous way vtubing works in general.

Let's take MythicTalent right now. Not a full vtuber company, but a decent example of the same canceraids. MythicTalent currently has multiple people on their talent list who are demonstrably & provably liars, scammers and abusive narcissists. They have documented evidence against them of doing things like charging back artists and riggers for work, sometimes to the tune of thousands of dollars. These people have been called out repeatedly, but Mythic does absolutely nothing about them.

Why? Well, this is just a theory, but the fact MythicTalent contains multiple people in management positions who used to engage in ERP sex parties in VR chat with the talents who are now part of the same company may have something to do with it. Even the 'good' talents at Mythic know of this happening, but voluntarily choose to continue associating with Mythic for the boosts in views and easy access to (semi)competent help with marketing and similar things.

Now we flip things over; let's look at people like the ex-AkioAir, ex-V&U, ex-vReverie & ex-Nijisanji talents. All these people know this shit goes on, but they choose to vaguepost about it rather than make a stand. That's because they believe doing so will brand them as whistle-blowers and hurt their careers.

Okay, fine. I understand that on a certain level. But I absolutely hate that this is in any way acceptable to begin with. It's the "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." mentality. The leaders of the vtuber industry are (A) feckless, corrupt, disgusting, degenerate coomer-brains spawned from the very worst parts of the internet, (B) psychopathic, soulless, numbers-obsessed Asian businessmen who feel less empathy for their talents than they do for their office furniture. You either bow down to them in one way or another, or you get ignored and gatekept by enormous portions of the industry.

Most vtubers cannot overcome these obstacles alone. They're not talented enough, they're not ambitious enough, they're not resourceful enough, they're not mentally resilient enough. They aren't empowered girlbosses. They are dysfunctional, lonely, co-dependent, emotionally vulnerable women who have refined learned helplessness into an art form.

I hate that this is the case. I hate that these women either feel they have no alternatives but to hop on the digital casting couch, or that they have to stay silent and quiet while other, more enthusiastic women hop the line and open wide. I hate that this industry is slowly becoming another Hollywood, where idealism and innocence are coldly evaluated quantities tallied up on a balance sheet and exploited like a strategic oil reserve until the natives rebel and it's time to find another undeveloped country to strip-mine.

Obviously I'm exaggerating in some aspects; Hololive still seems relatively 'pure', independent groups like V-Dere show you can still be successful on your own, etc. But these are tiny cottage-industries compared to the bloated toxic-waste spewing factory-city that is the mainstream vtuber ecosystem right now.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Even the 'good' talents at Mythic know of this happening, but voluntarily choose to continue associating with Mythic for the boosts in views and easy access to (semi)competent help with marketing and similar things.
What? I only ever heard explicit statements that they don't do anything at all beside sponsors. Nothing about marketing. Not sure if asscociation with mythic hold any weight at all.
Agreed with everything else. Holo is asian bastion of sanity while Yagoo is at the helm, but it could easily devolve if CEO changes and shareholders got any power.

bananabreadbowl

Btw cause I lurk in both of vReverie discords, which are official discords, they have not made a discord or have not advertised it for there gen 3 it seems like.

Usually you would think nothing of it for fan discords being slow on the uptick, phase jp fancords for example there still no yuu or muscle snake yet.

But going off what they did for gen 2 at the time they already had the discord up and organized for the 4 girls at the time. Which is why I'm point out that they don't have one for gen 3.
IIRC they're making 5 separate discords for Gen 3 this time. I think Furi has her own already but the other 4 are waiting until memberships are enabled on their channels.

To the point of vagueposting/silence, I can all but guarantee it's just because of NDAs/other legal threats. My cope is that after NDAs expire we'll be getting actual testimonies, but we'll see when that time rolls around. Frustrating all around either way though, I agree.

Xuhle

IIRC they're making 5 separate discords for Gen 3 this time. I think Furi has her own already but the other 4 are waiting until memberships are enabled on their channels.
Fancord or official? Cause the other way I see it being official is that two owners are part of it.

Bronze

bananabreadbowl

Fancord or official? Cause the other way I see it being official is that two owners are part of it.
Official (from the Gen 2 Server)
1712772308712.png

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Let's take MythicTalent right now. Not a full vtuber company, but a decent example of the same canceraids. MythicTalent currently has multiple people on their talent list who are demonstrably & provably liars, scammers and abusive narcissists. They have documented evidence against them of doing things like charging back artists and riggers for work, sometimes to the tune of thousands of dollars. These people have been called out repeatedly, but Mythic does absolutely nothing about them.

Why? Well, this is just a theory, but the fact MythicTalent contains multiple people in management positions who used to engage in ERP sex parties in VR chat with the talents who are now part of the same company may have something to do with it. Even the 'good' talents at Mythic know of this happening, but voluntarily choose to continue associating with Mythic for the boosts in views and easy access to (semi)competent help with marketing and similar things.
Entertainment sub-industry operates in same manner as general industry has since time immemorial.

Holo has always had this aura of divine providence about it in that nearly all of the talents are capable of being either surprisingly decent and conscientious people, or good enough at keeping things under wraps that they aren't a problem, or a mix of the two.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Let me vent a minute.

I hate the vtuber industry right now. I do not use the term hate lightly. When I said hate, I mean hate. The kind of hate you only develop after looking at something you dislike for quite a long time, then digging into it to uncover and identify exactly which parts of it you hate in particular.

In this case, I hate that there is so much bullshit surrounding things like corporate culture, industry standards, the viability of call-outs, and the incestuous way vtubing works in general.

Now we flip things over; let's look at people like the ex-AkioAir, ex-V&U, ex-vReverie & ex-Nijisanji talents. All these people know this shit goes on, but they choose to vaguepost about it rather than make a stand. That's because they believe doing so will brand them as whistle-blowers and hurt their careers.

Okay, fine. I understand that on a certain level. But I absolutely hate that this is in any way acceptable to begin with. It's the "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." mentality. The leaders of the vtuber industry are (A) feckless, corrupt, disgusting, degenerate coomer-brains spawned from the very worst parts of the internet, (B) psychopathic, soulless, numbers-obsessed Asian businessmen who feel less empathy for their talents than they do for their office furniture. You either bow down to them in one way or another, or you get ignored and gatekept by enormous portions of the industry.

Most vtubers cannot overcome these obstacles alone. They're not talented enough, they're not ambitious enough, they're not resourceful enough, they're not mentally resilient enough. They aren't empowered girlbosses. They are dysfunctional, lonely, co-dependent, emotionally vulnerable women who have refined learned helplessness into an art form.

I hate that this is the case. I hate that these women either feel they have no alternatives but to hop on the digital casting couch, or that they have to stay silent and quiet while other, more enthusiastic women hop the line and open wide. I hate that this industry is slowly becoming another Hollywood, where idealism and innocence are coldly evaluated quantities tallied up on a balance sheet and exploited like a strategic oil reserve until the natives rebel and it's time to find another undeveloped country to strip-mine.

Obviously I'm exaggerating in some aspects; Hololive still seems relatively 'pure', independent groups like V-Dere show you can still be successful on your own, etc. But these are tiny cottage-industries compared to the bloated toxic-waste spewing factory-city that is the mainstream vtuber ecosystem right now.
Walled garden ftw.
I largely agree with all of this but I think it's a westoid problem more than a "corpo" problem. All corpo talents where once indie, they don't suddenly become a different species upon signing a contract, marina showed us that the abuse and incestousness is not merely endemic to corpos.

x Hades Stamps

x Hades Stamps

Not-Nova is wanting to revive, at least a little bit.

Archive
Screenshot 2024-04-17 170730.png

Last edited:

Bronze

Could this be an explanation for Nova's stay? One of the reasons at least?

Quoting Kei's tweet since archives didn't work for me
Besties.... would you guys be okay if I put some of the cost of a rig on throne? I feel bad asking but I'm also saving for my house still so I don't want to make any overly large purchases

Arznbae

wtf is happening

Quoting Kei's tweet since archives didn't work for me

archive

"hit page not showing properly yaddayadda"

x Hades Stamps

Screenshot 2024-04-18 153446.png
Maybe a small one. She does have a rig (unlike Bri prior to ungraduating, who deleted all her old rigs after graduation), just an old one (from 2021, so very out of date), which I say shouldn’t stop you from making content. However, I’m not her, and she clearly doesn’t want to use her old rig.
Also going to try and see if I can get a working archive at all

Top Bottom