"'Putang ina'? What does that mean?"Layla Alstroemeria

vReverie Implosion Watch - Cheri Lupina and Erika Byakko graduation announced, other talents suddenly on PL accounts

x Hades Stamps

Yes, it’s looking more and more likely

ThatGuyFromThe213

Salmon's health update, she went to China last month for treatment for her undisclosed illness. She's feeling a lot better than before, but still recovering. She's graduating because she can't stream, attend her day job, and recover, so graduating is to relieve some of that stress off her shoulders. After her graduation, she will take a needed break from streaming. Graduation is set at Monday, May 20.

Edit.

Last edited:

Bronze

Salmon's health update, she went to China last month for treatment for an undisclosed illness. She's feeling better than before, but still recovering. She can't stream, continue her day job, and continue her road to recovery. Graduation set at May 20.
At least this time they've waited for her to announce it. Still better PR than Niji. Can't archive it rn

ThatGuyFromThe213

Yeah, at least Vrev actually did time her announcement correctly this time around.

Edit.
A few people in discord calling for Hetaro and Lasakat (Co-founders of Vrev) demanding they return Salmon's character back.

Last edited:

Bronze

A few people in discord calling for Hetaro and Lasakat (Co-founders of Vrev) demanding they return Salmon's character back.
I don't think it will happen. At this point she must have checked the contract with a lawyer and she didn't sound like she's departing from the company with Salmon. No harm in trying I guess

Drama reached Kei, people followed her, she privated her account and made a thread about being tired of stressing about dramas to a point she thought about blocking other talents, formers included and company. Can't ss right now. Will try when I'm available

Arznbae

wtf is happening
I don't think it will happen. At this point she must have checked the contract with a lawyer and she didn't sound like she's departing from the company with Salmon. No harm in trying I guess

Drama reached Kei, people followed her, she privated her account and made a thread about being tired of stressing about dramas to a point she thought about blocking other talents, formers included and company. Can't ss right now. Will try when I'm available
keithread.PNG
Here you go. She even said to put it in the thread!:BijouBijou:

bananabreadbowl

Yeah, at least Vrev actually did time her announcement correctly this time around.

Edit.
Yeah unless management starts feeling generous between Salmon's announcement and her graduation (lol, lmao even), she's not getting her IP back without giving them an unrealistic amount of money.

ThatGuyFromThe213

Yeah unless management starts feeling generous between Salmon's announcement and her graduation (lol, lmao even), she's not getting her IP back without giving them an unrealistic amount of money.
Yeah, I figure as much. Salmon already stated that she isn't going to continue as Salmon Lordette after her graduation, but will continue to be a streamer after she makes a full recovery from her undisclosed illness. The same people complaining about their merch order being delayed are the same people calling for the IP to be returned to her (Most of the merch orders have been fulfilled from what I'm aware.)

Screenshot 2024-05-03 105125.png
Also get wrecked Salmon's mod ROFL!.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
A lot of the replies to the tweet share this sentiment, and it's starting to get annoying.

If she signed away the intellectual property to the company when she joined, it's theirs. It doesn't matter if it existed prior to her joining; she effectively sold it to them. Sure, it'd earn them some goodwill if they hand it back to the talent when they graduate, but not holding IP as leverage to ensure a return on investments could risk setting a damaging precedent for them if future talents just want to take the corpo for a ride. They have no moral or legal obligation to give or sell assets that they own fair and square to someone who is leaving their company.

vReverie obviously seems like a shitshow but there's a growing number of people who've made being performatively mad at vtuber corporations a significant part of their personality, and I don't care to let them keep moving the goalposts to shame perfectly normal business arrangements. They already sperg out at Phase for holding on to Yuri's character post-termination, and they're going to continue getting louder and more obnoxious as they find new holes to pick in other corpos.

ThatGuyFromThe213

A lot of the replies to the tweet share this sentiment, and it's starting to get annoying.

If she signed away the intellectual property to the company when she joined, it's theirs. It doesn't matter if it existed prior to her joining; she effectively sold it to them. Sure, it'd earn them some goodwill if they hand it back to the talent when they graduate, but not holding IP as leverage to ensure a return on investments could risk setting a damaging precedent for them if future talents just want to take the corpo for a ride. They have no moral or legal obligation to give or sell assets that they own fair and square to someone who is leaving their company.

vReverie obviously seems like a shitshow but there's a growing number of people who've made being performatively mad at vtuber corporations a significant part of their personality, and I don't care to let them keep moving the goalposts to shame perfectly normal business arrangements. They already sperg out at Phase for holding on to Yuri's character post-termination, and they're going to continue getting louder and more obnoxious as they find new holes to pick in other corpos.
Exactly what I'm thinking as well, that just the nature of the business unfortunately and some of them can't see that.The same people that are hounding Vrev's feedback and questions section are the usual suspects (two of Cheri's former mods and three or four vocal "fans". I use the term fans very loosely here).

x Hades Stamps

If she signed away the intellectual property to the company when she joined, it's theirs.
Always read the contract before signing–Unfortunately, that is indeed the way it works. I would never recommend you sign such a contract, but if she thought it best (or skipped it over), then that much is on her.
Wow. That really sucks. Makes me really sad to see.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromThe213

Always read the contract before signing–Unfortunately, that is indeed the way it works. I would never recommend you sign such a contract, but if she thought it best (or skipped it over), then that much is on her.
I don't think the shit show in Vrev was something Salmon expected from the jump. She was most likely blindsided by the whole drama that unfolded, On top of that, her health wasn't improving as well.

x Hades Stamps

I don't think the shit show in Vrev was something Salmon expected from the jump. She was most likely blindsided by the whole drama that unfolded, On top of that, her health wasn't improving as well.
And that much is definitely not on her. All the more reason not to sign such a contract, though

ThatGuyFromThe213

And that much is definitely not on her. All the more reason not to sign such a contract, though
And looking at the comment section of the twitter post of her graduation announcement these folks are on the riot trying to have Vrev give her IP back. I wish they did in good faith, however, the reality is it isn't going to happen after she signed her asset away.

bananabreadbowl

It's gonna be fun in a few months to see the same drama play out for a third or fourth? time once Gen 3 starts on their way out. Fairly certain Furi is another who had her own design that VRev is likely gonna keep.

ThatGuyFromThe213

It's gonna be fun in a few months to see the same drama play out for a third or fourth? time once Gen 3 starts on their way out. Fairly certain Furi is another who had her own design that VRev is likely gonna keep.
From what I've gather, Vrev seem to be all in with their 3rd gen talents. It was pretty surprising they haven't done a collab cover or a original song with the respective gens, only gen 3 got it.

Edit

Last edited:
Top Bottom