"Thank you everyone for making me smile again!"Dokibird

Nijisanji L Collection

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
The hilarious thing about Mika/Michi's niji tax thingie is that you can bond with your own family (in my case, my dad) by discussing how taxes works, like what I did. According to my dad, his current occupation as a lecturer at a school has the school giving him an offer similar to Mika with Nijisanji which is allowing the company/school/entity/whatever to cut some from your earnings for your own income taxes so that you don't need to report to the tax office about (since its all handled by the company/school/whatever).

For the record sake, my dad didn't take the offer.

Mika might be at fault here for essentially not informed enough (which she took the blame as the clip by Murray showed) and decided to take the easy way out by accepting kurosanji's offer for letting them handler her personal income's tax. However, the fact that Nijisanji themselves didn't bother to inform her that they no longer handle the taxes anymore along with the whole "oh it wasn't for your personal income tax, it was for our taxes lmao" thing, Niji is still practically at fault as well. Maybe even enough to cause yet another "BURN NIJIYamanbaS" shenanigans.

There is also some more things to consider:
- How exactly the two year gap without taxes started? Is it post merge, or before the merge?
- Why would Niji is caring about the whole company taxes thing, especially since they no longer have the ID branch office anymore?
- Especially since by the time post-merge happened and there isn't any local/ID office, wouldn't the taxes thing for the company is focused on Japanese taxations itself and not, say, the ID and also Mika's own?
This contributes to why Mika assumed Niji meant her personal income tax, because that is an option Indonesian companies can offer to employees.

Another factor is that even at the very latest, Niji must have made this offer before NijiID was merged to NijiJP management. This has implications for the nature of this fraud, who was complicit, and who else might have been affected. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression is the ID managers prior to the merge were generally competent. If it was an ID manager who contacted Mika, that would also contribute to her assuming the tax deal was legit. But does that mean the ID managers were complicit? Or did a JP manager go over them to Mika, or misrepresent the tax deal to the ID managers? Or did the deal somehow actually start well before the two years and got hijacked after the merge?

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
And then he hits current day politics on stream for no reason whatsoever and I close the tab. I'm pretty sure the normie tourist reaction isn't meaningfully different.

I don't talk about politics. What I do is try and educate people about the human condition, which often requires citing current and trending examples that highlight my points. You should never subscribe to me unless that is explicitly the kind of content you want to consume, because it is the only kind of content I have any serious interest in producing. I would love to simply be able to stream and talk about philosophy and education and what it means to be a real human being in the dystopic intellectual desert end-times nightmare hellscape world of Current Year.

Vtuber drama is interesting to me only because it lies on an intersectionality between relevant topics I actually want to talk about, I.E human behaviour, psychology and the way that individuals react to situations they are not biologically programmed to have an instinctual response to.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Proctor L collection? :SelenHAHAhere:

Stop bullying the man guys, he can stream about whatever he wants.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Y'all obviously aren't grooming him hard enough.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

frz

Yes, she is indeed a bird. However, her model is not bird like enough to trigger her fear of birds.

Fun fact: She originally auditioned for the Millie and Reimu model, but ended up with the Enna one.
why do i have the feeling Nijisanji is evil enough to go
"She wrote in her CV that she's afraid of birds"
"Give her the bird model then"

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter
This contributes to why Mika assumed Niji meant her personal income tax, because that is an option Indonesian companies can offer to employees.

Another factor is that even at the very latest, Niji must have made this offer before NijiID was merged to NijiJP management. This has implications for the nature of this fraud, who was complicit, and who else might have been affected. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression is the ID managers prior to the merge were generally competent. If it was an ID manager who contacted Mika, that would also contribute to her assuming the tax deal was legit. But does that mean the ID managers were complicit? Or did a JP manager go over them to Mika, or misrepresent the tax deal to the ID managers? Or did the deal somehow actually start well before the two years and got hijacked after the merge?
Yeah, this is pretty much what people is asking. I do know that the managers in ID back then was considered by the talents and also the fans as "competent", but at the same time we also don't know what they really do or entail beyond 'they're the managers'.

Maybe they can manage talents, but not having enough financial skills to reliably advises the ID talent who might not know how to taxes (some of the talents might not have stable job or being a student/whatever). The office could've hired someone who have the skills needed, but either they didn't do that or let the JP office deal with it, which could complicate things.

Honestly, at this point this is just gonna be a big guessing game. Unless Michi decided to explain more to the story or giving a more concrete timeline, but that seems to be unlikely.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

VSoyBoy

Honestly, at this point this is just gonna be a big guessing game. Unless Michi decided to explain more to the story or giving a more concrete timeline, but that seems to be unlikely.
She did say at the very beginning before she ever got into it "no speculating please, this is finished business, all in the past", which has largely been ignored (obviously, like that was ever going to work).

I think the way she told it, there is a lot of room for her being a dumbass here. Especially since she says she always reads her contracts and they had a lawyer look over it afterwards but in the end she was still stuck with the bill? We might be looking at another good old "Morally wrong, legally right" here for Nijisanji, as much as it pains me to say.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I don't want to sound like I'm speaking up for nijisanji but you should not go 2 full years "thinking" your employer has taken care of your taxes. You can check this on your government's tax office website. The fact that Mika had to get a notification means that she did file for income but didn't report taxes to her name. In her defense one would naturally assume your employer not be a massive worthless shithead, and also she was 18 when she started filing, she didn't know any better.

UberSoldat

LM is covering the Michi tax drama with Rima

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

LM is covering the Michi tax drama with Rima

Parrot4Chan just dropped in and they said an International Tax Accountant showed up in his Twitter feed and dropped an opinion on the matter.

Archivist edit: A

Last edited by a moderator:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Limkin

Wtf how many subs is she losing?
She started to accelerate her sub loss in april again, it was relatively stable and going closer to zero during march, but it seems her attitutude towards a scandal and decision to move to bilibili has angered the remaining fans. It went from -500 subs weekly to over -3000 weekly and shows no signs of slowing down

VSoyBoy

Remember when everybody was totally interested in streamers reactions to the Doki cameo in the new Chilla's Art game? Simpler times...
Michi played it and went through the supporter thingies - Big reaction for Ollie, naturally - when she gets to Doki's thing: The thing says "Dokibir" and she only reads "bir", say's "ah tomato" in reference to the character and then she moves on.

Seemingly in response to chat's reaction she says: "If you're making me do this to get a reaction out of me chat, you won't! I am a very neutral happy to support anyone kind of person, so time to Showcase everyone that supported chilla's art. I'm a very neutral happy guy. Happy Chappy."

Timestamp is 1:32:55 (1:24:00 for the Ollie thing)

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I don't talk about politics. What I do is try and educate people about the human condition, which often requires citing current and trending examples that highlight my points. You should never subscribe to me unless that is explicitly the kind of content you want to consume, because it is the only kind of content I have any serious interest in producing. I would love to simply be able to stream and talk about philosophy and education and what it means to be a real human being in the dystopic intellectual desert end-times nightmare hellscape world of Current Year.

Vtuber drama is interesting to me only because it lies on an intersectionality between relevant topics I actually want to talk about, I.E human behaviour, psychology and the way that individuals react to situations they are not biologically programmed to have an instinctual response to.
If you're so interested in producing educational philosophical content, where's the 6 hour stream where you adapt Plato's allegory of the cave to V-tubing drama:smugmoona:

She started to accelerate her sub loss in april again, it was relatively stable and going closer to zero during march, but it seems her attitutude towards a scandal and decision to move to bilibili has angered the remaining fans. It went from -500 subs weekly to over -3000 weekly and shows no signs of slowing down
At this point I hope she's actually queen bitch of Nijisanji. If she was coerced into making that video by other Nijis or management as a scapegoat she might be the next v-tuber to attempt suicide.

I think right now this isn't much more than a data point, albeit a meaningful one. With this little relevation we now know of THREE Niji talents who have been successful by every meaningful metric and yet have come out of Niji in debt (Doki lost 200k making projects on her own, Mika and Mysta both got fucked on taxes). There are not many talents in Niji who have been more successful than these three, particularly Mysta. It may be worth paying more attention to any potential financial problems ex-Nijis have been dealng with, if it turns out Pomu had to go back to streaming because she was broke or something that begins to look VERY bad for the company.

Also, I have to wonder how much of Vox's personal money went into his movie/anime thing. He didn't stream regularly for a while either, could the golden child be out of gold? Maybe we'll see a sudden increase in his ASMR streams again:Vesper-UNHINGED:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
if it turns out Pomu had to go back to streaming because she was broke
Matara said on the podcast/adjacent streams that Mint was considering taking a grocery store job to get by in the future where she didn't return to content. She wasn't broke, but definitely looking at adding an income to get by.

It honestly sounded like Matara set up the entire podcast with the patreon to prevent Mint from needing to work. She didn't outright state it but she said several times "this is going to be her job" or similar.

Seoleim

Parrot4Chan just dropped in and they said an International Tax Accountant showed up in his Twitter feed and dropped an opinion on the matter.

This person actually expects us to believe such a far-fetched story like Nijisanji are cheap as hell? This person clearly has no respect for the costs of yachts and their maintenance fees.

Top Bottom