"I will step on everyone!"IRyS

Discord Alternatives - Avoid the Vermintide

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
On a more serious note though, I do want to emphasize this isn't so much 'TVA's own Matrix instance' as it is a personal project I feel like sharing here. I don't expect people to use it just because I made it and turn it into a paradise for vtuber-related shitposting on the internet.

But I'm really, really tired of not even being able to voice even a centrist viewpoint anywhere outside of here or the Farms without running the risk of being immediately shoah'd, and only not being shoah'd because those holding the rakes were looking elsewhere that day.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
In all honesty, it's me partially just wanting to push Matrix in general, as I believe it to be the superior chat protocol and want to move people away from centralized services like Discord.

I'll never get people who are already entrenched with full communities, but hey, the moment someone starts realizing the problems with Discord...

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
As you can see, I don't participate much on the Internet, but I had no problem with joining in.

bettelpilled

I'd like to try out Matrix for once, so yeah sure why not.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

But if you stop using discord, how will you ever get your beloved Kirche's attention?

UberSoldat

Never heard of Matrix before, maybe I should try it out.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
But if you stop using discord, how will you ever get your beloved Kirche's attention?

You act like asking her to join wasn't the first thing I did.

Stunned But Dumb

You act like asking her to join wasn't the first thing I did.
Did you get down on one knee?

I can't pretend I'm not interested, more so in a competitor to discord than anything

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
i dont even know how to use matrix
:guradumbl:

Last Of The Mohicans

i dont even know how to use matrix
:guradumbl:
For anyone who feels this way. It's enough like discord that most schmucks can figure it out.

Peyton Turkanis

I'd be down for a matrix. Would at least give me a reason to use it.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
I'm always looking to learn new things and I despise censorship from my very soul so sure, I'd be down to clown. Couldn't hurt. Plus I'm really effective at breaking shit by accident so if there's any bugs or issues I'll almost certainly find it so it can be fixed.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I'll probably rent a host at the weekend for this, then see about further setup next week.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
For anyone who feels this way. It's enough like discord that most schmucks can figure it out.
You severely underestimate the levels of retardation I operate at.

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I would join this if you set it up but the second I see Proctor and Kirsche ERPing in the general chat I would leave.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Next thing will be IRC

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
how shocked would people be to learn the first website i tried ordering hosting from has an inexplicable error that prevents me from completing a transaction without using the support ticket system

how shocked

gfhgfhjyjjyjymhfjuyfgm

Edit: Issue solved. I'm starting to think there is a conspiracy against Protonmail.

Edit 2: Now they're claiming my residential address isn't a residential address. FML.

Last edited:

Last Of The Mohicans

1683735138878.png
Don't know where else to put this, but found this in my inbox this morning and it's only barely tangentially related, but just enough to get a chuckle out of me.

Vultr being one of the server providers I've used in the past for things. I wouldn't use them for this but hey.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I'm still working on this. I put it on hold briefly over annoyance with a service provider, but I'm back on track now and just trying to nail down a few technical details. I want to actually be prepared before committing to a decently expensive monthly subscription.

SandySunDunes

Holy fuck, matrix is turning out to be a nightmare to host privately if you're trying to use Element and Synapse. I'm already at the point of wanting to tear it all down and restart with a different client and server.
Fuck matrix.org and fuck Vector. What absolute cunts try to promote their network as privacy focused and open source when they make it as difficult as possible to avoid tying yourself into or leaking personal data to their proprietary services that they fucking HARDCODE into the reference software.

Rant/documentation post coming later once I make something comprehensible out of my RAGE. I'll need it for when I eventually have to fix something that broke because of all the shit I tried fucking around with to avoid any data leaking.

Top Bottom